Saturday, November 5, 2016

5 Nov

Assalamualaikum old folks,
and helloooo there everyone hehe :D

So I just came back from a night walk. So it's 5th of November aka Guy Fawkes. It's a celebration by the British to memperingati kejatuhan gun powder treason that occurred long time ago. So basically this Fawkes guy was planning to go against the government during that era and was caught bringing a gun powder to explode the (kingdom?) I supposed. His head was chopped and diarak at the whole city. The tagline for this event is always, "Remember, remember the fifth of November". Now during the modern days, they celebrate it with bonfire, burning tables and chairs and also having fireworks. In UK, fireworks are forbidden except for times like this. So you can actually see lots of beautiful fireworks all around the city especially like where we spend our night - Park Hill, overlooking a part of Sheffield.

The nights tarted when we wanted to go and see the Christmas Market because it just started. Well when Mira said we're going at 7pm, I doubted myself cause yknow that would be a surprise if there's any outdoor activities pass 5pm in the UK haha. But then I just went along cause I was so bored sitting in the room. And... I was right! Everything was closed except for the beer popped up shop. So we decided to eat somewhere else. But the real question was... where? Some suggestions were Noodle Doodle, Noodle Inn and more but we end up going to OISOI! Omg this is the best decision ever made yalls! The food was well presented, the taste was wallah and it was quick with good service! There were 7 of us and 5 decided to eat nasi. So we shared lauk - Steamed Seabass, Chicken Kungpau and Fried Squid, Scallops and King Prawn. MashaAllah the most satisfied dine out ever in Sheffield. I may sound exaggerating but no my love, no! It really was the best because the price was sensible with the portion and taste. Because we shared, each of us paid GBP 12.80. Are you kidding me? It was so goooood that I'd pay more for it! Hahaha ok moving on...

Then by the time we finished eating, it was 8.45pm if I'm not mistaken. So we decided to go to a higher place in Sheffield to just enjoy our night. And being near the train station, the Park Hill was the closest highland there. Oklah, saw lots fireworks from afar and a few rockets burnt near our place. So comel because the rockets popped like kentuts hahaha and we will wuuuu and awwwwh to support the guys for trying to entertain us haha. And mind you it was 3degrees but felt like 1degree. MashaAllah sejuk gila ok, siap pakai leggings, thermal socks and mafla. STILL UNBEARABLE! But enjoyed the chill session anyway haha.

Then we proceeded to go have some photoshoot at the Peace Garden. Please lah it's one of the beautiful places in Sheffield and not always youre out at the city at night kan. So we went on capture here and there anddddd memories. Then we went through Divison Street having our own sweet time. Stopped here and there to enjoy the near fireworks before I said I wanted to play at the playground for awhile. Yayyyy got to feel and main. Because I've been needing to play to let the stress out haha. It's been so depressing lately. And after like 10mins, we finally go back to Broomhall haha. 

So much love tonight. I felt like half of my stress I had vanished. And I just called my old folks at home, another half of the stressness went off. Now it's tidur time. But let me say it again, this is definitely one of the most highlighted nights in my Sheffield uni life. How small things can make an impact hehe. Alhamdulillah thanks ya Rabb for easing me. Toodles yall!











Love,
Mia.

No comments:

Post a Comment