Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Cardiff Trip


Assalamualaikum,

I have been travelling here and there like there's no tomorrow. But, well I'd promise myself this is the last one before Christmas (hopefully!). 

So, my last weekend was me en routing to South West of England - CARDIFF! I wasnt alone tho, Ummu was my travel buddy haha. I had been waiting for this, dan akhirnya... I really miss my darling Alyaa. Since dekat airport hari tu pun we didnt get to say a proper goodbye. Terkilan jugak lah time tu. Anyhow, lepas lah rindu dapat jumpa si shortcake (Why shortcake? Sebab Alyaa pendek! HAHAHAH).

Oh there, they have a different language/writing. I have not figured out what was it. It's interesting but I have not heard anyone talking in it. Like for example, in English we spell it as 'Cardiff" but in the other language they spell it as 'Caerdydd'. I felt like I was in another country! And each time Ummu and I came across police, we would shout "Heddlu!" and laughed at each other hahaha it was good lol.

DAY 1

Both to and fro journey took us approximately 8 hours. Yeah lama, and for me, trains dekat Malaysia lagi ok kot. Because in the UK ni, there are so many train company such as East Midland Train, Cross Country, Virgin, First and more! But, they share the same rail which makes it quite confusing! And serious sempit, I believe it's like AirAsia economic space. In the other hand, dekat Malaysia, we only have ETS and KTM which also shared the same rail but I think it's less confusing and a bit more spacious! Well, it might be too early to judge (and too inexperience), but I am not changing my mind about it for now..

We reached Cardiff Train Station at 9.45pm jugak lah. Then Alyaa and Fadie brought us to a Malaysian food restaurant. Ya Rabbi, Ya Allah. You cannot imagine my happiness tengok menu tu, and bila nampak pakcik the cook tu! Like omg pakcik Melayu nak goreng nasi aku, siap tanye nak pedas mana hehe. So yeah as mentioned, I had Nasi Goreng Tomyam with Teh Tarik! 




teh tarik tak siap lagi, ribena si alyaa budak kecik tu adalah haha

DAY 2

Girls being girls, we shop at our best (especially Alyaa and Fadie minus Ummu) hahaha. They brought us to Bridgent - a designer outlet. Basically like JPO in Malaysia. Branded stuff being reduced to a crazily cheap price! This one I loike heheh. I bought a buy one, half prize second Vans, a handbag from Clarks, cardigans from M&S and GAP and teas from Whittard. Heheheh dekat situ je dah banyak barang, tak berfikir nak bawak macam mana naik train hahaha.

Later, after finished shopping. We resumed the day by taking pictures at the train station. It's very classy and typical colonial building. And fortunate us, there was a house warming invitation, so apa lagi, pi lah! And such a small small world, so happened that tuan rumah is one of my prefect senior in SMK Puteri - Kak Aishah. And again, Ya Rabbi, the cooking semua sedap. I am not lying. From the nasi to mee to lauk to mocktail and desert - brownies, red velvet, cheese cake. 

Next, we went to Cardiff Bay. One of the reasons why we were intrigued to come! And because the daylight saving had started so macam gelap cepat sikit. Kalau tak, it would be even prettier! Then later that night, dorang merealisasikan impian yours truly ni lagi. Because I really wanted to eat desert and alhamdulillah, got mine. 

Designer Outlet, Bridgent 






Bay as the background



Doctor Who attribution.


housemates Alyaa and Fadie
Inside Welsh Millenium Center

CoChoc Waffle for GBP 3.95 at Spicy Village.


Day 3

We woke up kind of late the third day since we were tired (acah je). Actually, I woke up early tapi the plan of the day started late so yeah, I just lied down. Then we went to Splott since I really want to go to carboot sales. Except that this is more like a warehouse sales, I guess. Bought three preloved smart jackets and two shawls heheh. Murah gila and I am more that satisfied. We walked to the guys' house, via Cardiff City. So sambil sambil tu sight seeing lah. Nak makan kambing Baim masak tapi baru rarely cooked :( Too bad. Makanya kami beli pizza je for tengah hari because we had to get into the 3.45pm train. I cannot accept that the pizza is only 2 pounds. What the hell? I cant even get a wrap for 2 pounds in Sheffield, let alone pizza! They should be bloody grateful to live there hahaha. Anyways, dapat gather dengan budak budak ni rasa macam happy sikit. Tak dapat dizahirkan, Allah je tau macam mana.

The warehouse sales. 


In front of the Cardiff University's Engineering School
The Cardiff little ambassador
If you click the picture, it says "Call MUM". Yeah, i miss you :'(
Le UK Batch 6 in Cardiff - Baim, Fareed, Mia, Ummu, Malo, Alyaa and Fadie :)
Pizza 2 pounds and yemen, Pepperoni Pizza crave unchecked!
And alhamdulillah by 8pm macam tu sampai Sheffield. For the great weekend and journey and more to come, insyaAllah! I miss Alyaa already tau tak :( Mase bid goodbye at the train station, the same feeling of bidding my love ones in KLIA came flooding. Oh Allah :/ I want more time bila travel nanti!

Someone special who has the soft spot in my heart. Love you, Al <3

Love,
Mia.





3 comments:

  1. Cardiff is actually the capital of Wales, so yeah, you really were in another country. The language they use there is Welsh.

    But anyway, good to see you're enjoying yourself there. All the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I've replied you. Thanks for the information Ammar, I just knew about it about 2 months ago haha. Goodluck! :)

      Delete
    2. I thought I've replied you. Thanks for the information Ammar, I just knew about it about 2 months ago haha. Goodluck! :)

      Delete